December 19, 2007

Holiday in Banff


We spent two nights in Banff for the start of our week of holidays and it was a lot of fun. We arrived on Sunday and spent the afternoon walking downtown and going into the different shops. The girls got to sit on Santa's lap in the Spirit of Christmas store and they each got teddy bear's and candycanes as gifts from Santa! Then we happened upon a candy store and the girls were in their glory going up and down the aisles checking out all of the different kinds of candy. It was very difficult for them to pick just one thing to get:)

We went up Sulphur Mountain on the gondola, this is a picture of us on the observation deck at the top. It was very cold and windy and we didn't stay outside too long! We chose to enjoy the view from the cafe inside while we had hot chocolate , which Anaya managed to spill TWICE all over the table:)

The girls and Scott were absolutely stoked on the gondola ride up and down, craning their heads to see up and down and all around us...

...I on the otherhand was a tad bit more cautious and would have preferred to close my eyes on the way up (I didn't because I didn't want the girls to know I was scared of heights). The ride down was a lot better because Scott and Tegan blocked my view so I couldn't see all the way down the mountain:) My fear of heights seems to be getting worse as I get older, how does that happen?? When the girls and Scott would lean on the railings on the observation deck to peer down the mountain it was all I could do not to grab them and run back inside. I know, I know, what a chicken!!

We also went to the hot springs that afternoon after the gondola ride, it was nice to warm up. The girls loved that they could swim outside in the winter. All in all, it was a great trip and the girls did really well with the constant activity, staying in a hotel and eating out for meals.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

What a great way to start a holiday, with a trip to the mountains in the winter! Does it seem different to see snow everywhere there? Have a wonderful Christmas and take lots of pictures of the girls, all excited and bouncing around.