July 23, 2008

Weekend at the lake

We just got back from Scott's parents cabin on the lake (Vernon, BC). We spent a few days there and it was absolutely gorgeous, sunny and hot the whole time:)



We spent pretty much every single day down at the water. We had quite the set-up for ourselves, table and umbrellas, all sorts of floaties for the water, sand toys, lawn chairs and lots and lots of snacks:)



My parents came out for a visit for a couple of hours on the Saturday afternoon. My dad and I had a huge water fight (pretty typical when we're around water) and we sat around and had tea and showed my parents the cabin etc.



The girls tuckered themselves out every day, they played really hard and loved the water. They were quite sad to leave yesterday, we'll have to go for longer next summer!




4 comments:

Heather M. said...

Looks like fun! Good to see that airplane getting lots of use again this summer! :)

Crystal said...

I was thinking that you might be away enjoying summer! I love the group photo :)) Stay cool and enjoy very day!

Crystal said...

Hi, Rachelle -
You asked me about the book I'm reading - A Sunday at the Pool in Kigali - well, it's graphic and horrific and I can only read small parts at a time. And I'm only on page 66! Have you seen the movie Hotel Rawanda? That is graphic too but I always find reading a book even harder because the words go on and the images are so vivid. I read Shake Hands with the Devil but as I remember, it describes the political/military side more and this is very personal with individual stories (fictional but still seeming so real).

I hope that answers your question. I expect it's going to take me a while to finish. Definitely not summer beach reading material! Please email me if you want to know more. I'd offer you this book but it belongs to a friend and I know she has someone waiting to read it. I'm sure you could get it through the library.

I think one of the reasons it's so disturbing is because the rest of us did nothing. And I'm afraid there are more situations like this around the world today. I definitely need to pray about this.

The Luypens said...

looks like you guys had a great time at the lake - you got some great pictures! talk to you soon!